Important information about coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
At Houston Colon, we remain focused on caring for our patients by providing high-quality healthcare services when you need them. Our practice is open and continues to see patients for health care needs.
The safety of our patients and visitors remains our top priority, so we are:
- Providing a telehealth option (virtual doctor visit) for our patients so we can offer evaluation and treatment without the need to come to the office
- Ensuring a proper office environment with all necessary precautions taken to provide a clean and safe experience
- Conducting screening questions, so that any symptomatic patient can be properly masked and isolated to protect our staff and patients
- Following the latest CDC guidelines for testing, which requires a physician assessment and order
Should I still come to my appointment?
Yes, we are open and seeing all previously scheduled patients. We now have the option of a telehealth visit which can be performed over the phone or your mobile device or computer. Your on-going healthcare needs remain our top priority.
What about visitors at my appointments?
During this time, we ask that you limit accompanying visitors and attend your appointment alone. The only permitted exceptions will be for a patient with a disability or impairment warranting assistance.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
If you have a fever, new cough (within the last two weeks), shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms, please call our office for guidance on your upcoming appointment.
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Public health officials recommend the following steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wear a mask if entering our office (masks will be provided on arrival)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
We are closely monitoring coronavirus in partnership with our local and state health departments, and the CDC.
In the weeks ahead, and as always, we are here when you need us.
– Houston Colon, PLLC