Colonoscopy: Easy as 1 2 3
Quickly schedule a colonoscopy
Are you looking to schedule a colonoscopy? No time for an office visit? We can schedule your procedure directly:
- Step 1: We will ask you to complete a health history form
- Step 2: Our Providers will review your information
- Step 3: We call you to schedule the colonoscopy
Who qualifies for this process?
- If you are 45 and older and need a screening colonoscopy
- If you have a family history of colon or rectal cancer
- If you have had polyps or colon or rectal cancer
- If you have symptoms such as rectal bleeding, change in bowel habits or abdominal pain, you may need to be evaluated by one of our specialists before the colonoscopy to make sure it is the best and safest option.
We offer direct access
We offer our patients a Direct Access Colonoscopy which allows you to skip the pre-specialist doctor’s visit and schedule a colonoscopy directly. Our dedicated team of board certified specialists want to make preventative screenings as easy as possible for you.
What is a colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy allows the doctor to look at the inside lining of your colon through a ﬂexible ﬁber-optic viewing camera and biopsy or remove any abnormalities.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States for both men and woman combined.
Colorectal cancer can be both prevented and cured if detected early with a colonoscopy screening. Screening is covered by most insurance plans.
Fannin Surgicare Center
Your colonoscopy will be performed at Fannin Surgicare, located on the Woman’s Hospital campus. Be sure to complete the health history questionnaire and follow your colon preparation instructions before arriving at your scheduled colonoscopy.
The colonoscopy is performed by one of our board certified specialists. You will be given medicine to relax and sleep. The entire procedure takes about 30 minutes.
Our office, also located at The Woman’s Hospital campus, 7900 Fannin, Suite 1200, can assist you with any questions you may have about your upcoming procedure.
Houston Colon Office
7900 Fannin, Suite 1200
Houston, TX 77054