Reducing the Risk of Colon Cancer
If diagnosed and treated in early stages, over 90% of patients diagnosed with colon cancer can be cured and return to normal health.
Screening can prevent colorectal cancer and healthy lifestyle choices can help. Here are some things you can do to lower your risk of developing colorectal cancer:
- Get screened regularly beginning at age 50.
- Exercise and maintain a normal body weight.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits and high-fiber foods.
- Avoid foods that are high in fat.
- Don’t smoke and drink alcohol only in moderation.
Schedule a Consultation at Colorectal Surgical Associates
For more information on colorectal cancer prevention and screening, contact the Colorectal Surgical Associates today.